Are you interested in helping others who have been victims of clergy
sexual abuse and misconduct through this ministry? If so, please review our
volunteer positions and let
us know which one you think is right for you!
Partners: Commit to praying for The Hope of Survivors, its Directors
and Officers, Volunteers, and each of the individuals who are being assisted. Prayer is also appreciated for every project and event coordinated by The Hope of Survivors.
2. Website Developer/Programmer: Do you love late-night programming? Do you have trouble stepping away from the computer? Is analyzing problems and creating solutions your passion? Then we need YOU! Please join The Hope of Survivors as we strive to improve our database management systems. Knowledge of PHP, ASP, CFM and other languages/programs is important. EXPERIENCED PROGRAMMERS ONLY, please!
3. Victim Support Services/Peer Counselor: You must be a dedicated Christian, have a background
in working with victims of abuse, or have experienced healing and spiritual/emotional growth for a period of time since experiencing pastoral sexual abuse yourself. The primary duties of the peer counselor include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Provide Biblical counsel, support, referrals, and information to victims-clients via email, phone, U.S. Postal Service and in person when required/appropriate;
(2) Provide presentations/seminars for victim-clients, church-clients, and other church leadership as necessary;
(3) Maintain appropriate records/client files;
(4) Conduct seminars and retreats as necessary;
(5) Assist with writing of newsletter articles;
(6) Maintain crisis hotline when/if established;
(7) Assist with necessary duties at healing center when/if open. If you are interested in learning more
about this position, please send us your resume and references.
4. Development Director: Develop and execute fundraising strategies to clients, friends, corporations and foundations; identify and solicit prospective donors for The Hope of Survivors programs; produce solicitation materials, informational brochures, fundraising proposals. With the V.P. and Board, the Director of Development establishes annual and long-range goals and objectives in support of the strategic directions of The Hope of Survivors programs.
The following qualifications are needed for the position: The position requires a relevant degree and a minimum of two years of experience in fundraising. The successful candidate must understand the mission of The Hope of Survivors and the issues pertaining to pastoral sexual abuse. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills, proven ability to work with internal and external constituents, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a successful marketing and sales experience. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to handle confidential matters appropriately and the ability to work well with others. Preference will be given to candidates who posses experience in fundraising, management and/or marketing experience, familiarity with visual arts, and general knowledge of tax laws relating to giving and planned giving options.
Liaison: Work with radio, cable and TV companies for the purpose
of obtaining public service announcement time on air; work with newspaper
and magazine publishers to negotiate free or reduced rate ad space; develop
press releases; etc. Raise awareness of the issue of clergy sexual abuse and the mission/ministry of The Hope of Survivors through every appropriate and available avenue, especially through social media networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and others. Produce media kit and relevant marketing materials.
6. Translators: Seeking volunteers to help with translation projects for The Hope of Survivors, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting victims of clergy sexual abuse. If you are fluent in any of these languages (Chinese, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Latvian, etc.) and would like to help, please contact us. Thanks!
Assistant: Research and compile related articles, case findings,
state laws, resources for victims, etc.
Our work is totally dependent on the financial support and the volunteer
hours of people, like you, who share our desire for helping others, from
all denominations, to heal and find truth! Do you have a desire to help but
find that you have more money than time? You can still be a part of this
ministry, just donate now!
The Hope of Survivors is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated
to helping victims of clergy sexual abuse and misconduct.